May 21, 2017

Stacking the Shelves

This weekly meme is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.

Stacking The Shelves is all about the books we are adding to our shelves each week, sharing with you our excitement for our newest titles and maybe have you discover a new book in the process!



This was a pretty good week! I got nearly all my books from my Abe Books order! Only one more to go! I have a bad book buying problem you guys, but I can't seem to help myself! 

Here's what I bought:

Dawn Study by Maria V. Snyder--UK copy
Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder--UK copy. A little upset that the cover was more damaged than I was led to believe. Would not call this one "Very Good". That's the problem with buying used books online. Sigh..
Sea Glass by Maria V. Snyder--UK copy
Nightshade by Andrea Cremer--UK copy


Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott--keeper copy
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh--keeper copy
Dreamfall by Amy Plum--keeper copy
Blood Kissed by Keri Arthur
The Beast by Lindsay Mead
The Crown's Fate by Evelyn Skye--keeper copy 

and look! I'm in the acknowledgements!! So cool!! Loved this series!




For review from the author I received:

Forged in Light by Alyssa Rose Ivy (ARC)

 
THANK YOU Alyssa!


Contest win from the 2017 Discussion Post Challenge! I chose an underrated book, which was one that had less than 2000 reviews on Goodreads!

Shutter by Laurie Faria Stolarz--so behind one her books! Need to get caught up!


THANK YOU Shannon & Nicole!


Then in a books for trade I got myself an ARC of Stalking Jack the Ripper! Continuing my obsession of collecting favorite books of ARCs who had a different original cover art! Lol!



THANK YOU Katie!


And then I got my preorder swag for The Crown's Fate too!

Stickers and a bookmark!!


THANK YOU Evelyn!


It was a positively awesome week! Minus the 24+ hours without power! LOL! What did you all get this week?







16 comments:

  1. Seeing your name in a book. That's awesome! Enjoy all your new pretties.
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Apparently we all have book buying problems, but it's always nice to know you're not alone in those obsessions. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to be in the acknowledgements!! I really want to read Flame in the Mist but I haven't snagged a copy yet. I hope you love all of these!

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's marvellous to have been acknowledged in the book, you must be really chuffed:)). Another great book haul, Jessica and I love the look of Flame in the Mist - the cover is beautiful... Have a great week. My Sunday Post - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/05/21/sunday-post-21st-may-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow in the acknowledgements! So cool! Enjoy all your books :)
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for Stalking Jack the Ripper and Flame in the Mist! All those books look amazing! Happy reading, Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol... I think most of us have a book buying problem. I really need to read more and shop less ;) Wonderful haul you have this week, I hope you enjoy them all. Have a wonderful day and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, those UK copies are pretty! And YAY for Flame in the Mist! I can't wait for my preorder to arrive. I hope you enjoy all of your new books, Jessica!

    Have a fantastic week. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great haul! And congrats on getting your name in a book, great job.
    Hope you have a lovely week.
    Aneta @ Angelic Book Reviews 

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great StS this week. Nice haul of Maria V. Snyder books, I've always wanted to try her work!

    ~Mogsy @ BiblioSanctum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for your discussion challenge win!! I haven't received my copy of The Crown's Fate yet, but my name should be in there too. So fun!!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool on getting your name in the acknowledgements of a book! Great haul of books this week but too bad you got a book in worse condition than you expected. I hope you enjoy all of your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cool seeing your name in the acknowledgements. And yay for Violet Grenade! Thats such a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice acknowledgement! I really want to try Renee Ahdieh. Hope the week is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww what book did you get acknowledged in?

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAY for being in the acknowledgements! I'm loving the Crown's Fate swag too. Does look like a great week :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!