May 17, 2018

Random Thursday

Only two more weeks left! I can't believe how long this little book lasted me for all these posts! Let's take one of three last looks at That's a Fact Jack: A Collection of Utterly Useless Information [Updated] by Harry Bright and Jakob Anser!


(image borrowed from Goodreads)
A falling object travels slower at the equator than it does at the North and South Poles.


Note to self, avoid the North and South Poles--as I am huge klutz! Lol!


(image borrowed from National Audubon Society)
Every year, Arctic terns make the 25,000-mile round-trip between their breeding grounds in the Arctic circle and their wintering grounds in the Antarctic. They almost never land, and because of migration patterns, they see more daylight than any other creature on the planet.


Is it weird that I am wondering how the breeding part happens if they hardly ever land? Lol!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
Wombats poop cubes.


Now that's just weird!!


(image borrowed from Wikipedia)
Jellyfish are 95 percent water.


This I can believe!


(image borrowed from Business Destinations)
The Great Barrier Reef is often referred to as the world's largest organism, but like all coral formations, it is actually made up of many millions of tiny organisms.


Not surprising! So pretty too, but I know I will never see it up close in person because I would never get in the water! Lol!!



 


2 comments:

Comments are an award all on their own! So my blog is an award free one! Thanks for any consideration though!